Alternative Energy Supply, architecture, Eco friendly, energy assessment, energy audit, Energy-Efficient, Energy-Efficient Designs, engineering, Green Building Materials, Household saving machines, How to make your home Eco Friendly, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Water Management
Steps in creating an Eco friendly home.
- Green Building Materials such as recycled lumber, renewable plant materials like; bamboo and straw, dimension stone, recycled stone, recycled metal and so forth. For more check: Sustainable (Green) Building Materials
2. Energy-Efficient Designs (windows for ventilation throughout the house, place strategically for warmth and coolness.) Install skylights in your roof for natural sunlight.
3. Alternative Energy Supply wind power systems and photovoltaic (PV or solar electric)
4. Water Management. Reduce rainwater runoff instead redirect to lawns or garden.
5. Estimate your current energy usage. A home energy assessment (sometimes referred to as an energy audit) will show what parts of your house use the most energy and suggest the best ways to cut energy costs .
6. Household saving machines: Chooses energy-efficient models that bear their “Energy Star” logo. Use low wattage light bulbs, Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFLs) use 66% less energy than a standard incandescent bulb and last up to 10 times longer. Use motion sensor light bulbs for both indoors and outdoors. Choose low flow toilet mechanisms. For more information check Energy Saving Appliances
7. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Create a compost pile in your backyard
For more information check: Composting At Home