The proper arrangement of furniture can make your room appear larger, brighter, elegant and efficient. These few tricks can make a world of difference to any room large or small.
Tips to arrange your furniture:
1. Determine the natural focal point of the space. Your Focal point may be architectural, such as a fireplace, window or a television.
2. Know your room measurements.
It is important to know the size of your room in order to determine the most suitable locations for your furniture.
3. Place your seating around the focal point.
The focal point here is the table.
However, the focal point in this photo is the fireplace.
4. Place a table near each chair. The table serves two functions, decor and an area for people to utilize.
5. Identify traffic patterns. Do not block paths. Avoid traffic passing between people.
6. Avoid placing chairs in the front of doorways.
7. Do not place all the furniture by the wall. Furniture close to walls makes the room smaller and it prohibits walking space.
8. Mix Furnishings of Various Sizes and Textures this would add visual interest.
It is important though to add some balance. Don’t go to crazy.
9. Group chairs a comfortable three to four feet apart, this would allow each person to have individual space as well as be able to converse with on another.
10. Paintings and other wall decorations placed high can make a space look bigger.
11. Strategically placed mirrors can make a room appear larger by reflecting light.