Bold Geometry, Built in storage., Compact Living & Design, Convertible furniture, How to design a chic compact building, Moving walls, Rooftop garden, site analysis, Space saving doors, Staircase Design, Theodore Roosevelt.
Compact living is on the rise! Land is becoming increasing limited therefore more expensive. The solution, “do what you can, with what you have, where you are,” quote by Theodore Roosevelt.
The video below gives an example of a compact building in Tokyo.
Here are a few tricks to save money, build an elegant stylish compact home without sacrificing your comfort.
1. Proper site analysis.
2. Explore the different designs and shapes with your designer to utilize the space ably.
3. Design buildings vertically rather than horizontally.
4. Create a Rooftop garden.
5. Use a mixture of exterior materials to add visual interest.
6. Bold Geometry is another alternative to designing the exterior of your home.
7. Space saving doors. For a list visit :How to achieve an open concept design, save space and still have privacy.
8. Movable walls. These walls are fantastic for rooms of multiple use.
9. Staircase Design. For more information on different types check out : Different Types of Staircases
10. Convertible furniture also known as space saving furniture or multi-functional furniture.
11. Built in storage.
12. Large windows. Strategically placed windows open up living spaces.
13. Get creative.