Arbor or Pergola, CCD ENGINEERING LTD., Considerations before attempting your Landscape Design, considerations in landscaping, Different types of Driveway Edging. / Different types of driveway surfaces., engineering advice, greenery selection, How to create a Magnificent private backyard., Landscape advice, landscape design, Noise Pollution Solutions: Creating the perfect neighborhood., pergola, planning and greenery selection, plant selection, Renderings, selecting plants for landscaping, Trellis
A well-done landscape enhances and maximizes the overall look and value of your home. This article will discuss the considerations needed before attempting your landscape. The article will be broken up into three parts that will take you through the process step-by-step; starting with planning and greenery selection.
The first stage is planning.
Planning is one of the most essential part of the designing process so we have taken our time to do a thorough breakdown for this step. Remember it should be a collaborative process between you and your designer.
- A good starting point is to establish a budget. Set a total amount inclusive of the design layout, construction and the purchasing of furniture and plants.
- Know what to expect. Confirm if your plans are hand drawn or rendered. Visualization Engineering: Renderings.
- Make sure you understand where your money has been allocated at each stage of the design process.
- Do some research. Look at magazines or a quick visit to the web and view a few images of landscape designs that you prefer. Save your preferences to show your designer. This way he would begin to understand the key elements that you are looking for.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to ensure all of your demands are met and as they say “no stone is left unturned”. These questions should also assist with saving time and money.
- What are your must haves for your landscape design?
- Do you have a list?
- Is this going to be an area for entertaining guest or mainly for the family?
- Would this space used in any other way such as for study?
- If so is there a sheltered area?
- Do you want a Pergola..? Trellis, Arbor or Pergola ? That is the question.
- What about a space for the children?
- Do you have pets?
- Does your area have noise pollution? Noise Pollution Solutions: Creating the perfect neighborhood
- Are you trying to create a private area with your landscape? How to create a Magnificent private backyard.
- What type of driveway do you prefer? Different types of Driveway Edging. / Different types of driveway surfaces.
Considerations for your planning stage!
- Time frame.
- Water conservation.
- Sun and wind patterns. (Solar studies and climate analysis)
- Lighting. How To select the perfect light fixture
- Style agreement between the exterior of your home and landscape design.
The second and final step is greenery selection.
The key to any good landscape is its functionality as well as aesthetic appeal. So let’s get started!
Before purchasing and planting your plants consider.
- Do you want plants of varying sizes and color?
- How tall are they going to grow?
- Can their height be a potential hazard for you or your neighbors?
- Are their roots going to destroy any type of structural foundation; home, driveway or pavement?
- Are they easy maintenance plants?
- Do they prefer partial or full sunlight?
- Do you or your family have any allergies?
- Do these plants fit your climate?
- Prevalent insects in your area?
- Are these plants wind resistant?
Some of our other assisting articles: